February 10, 2012

I caved. I started a blog.

So why a blog? Yeah that was my first thought. My second thought was OMG this is so cliche'...I am totally jumping on the "blogging is trendy" train. My third thought: I am not that interesting and really don't have anything cool to say. (Freak out moment...no one is going to read my blog!) But I decided that writing down my thoughts in a "journal" would be therapeautic whether or not anybody reads it so here I am. So far the reactions I've gotten have been mixed but mostly "upbeat" (How to Lose a Guy in 10 days anyone?). So when I first started thinking about blogging I texted Kelsey.

me: "I've gotten this great urge to start a blog."
Kelsey: "I really want to start one too!"

Good I wasn't the only one secretly wanting to blog. I always know that when I have a crazy idea I can count on Kelsey to encourage me and join in on the craziness. Now that I had finally put it out there and didnt feel completely ridiculous I told my hubby.

me: "Babe, I think I'm going to start a blog."
Lucas: "Seriously?"
me: "Yes everyone has a blog plus I think it would be therapeautic. (Lucas immediately started laughing at me for using the word therapeautic to describe blogging.) Ok so that is a little dramatic but I think it would be fun to do in my spare time (who am I kidding what spare time? Law school)."
Lucas: "Well that's cool babe."
me: "So do you want it to be like a you and me family blog or a just me blog?"
Lucas: "Whatever is fine."
me: "No help....Lilly what do you think?"
Lilly: She gave me the evil eye.

So after talking to Lucas I texted my sister....I should have known better.

me: "If I had a blog what should I name it?"
Daniella: "Hahaha plz tell me no."
me: "Yes"
Daniella: "ewww ur weird that's creepy."

Well so much for moral support from my sister but that's just Dan! So whats the deal with the title? I straight up googled it and thought it was cute so I copied it. I'm not that witty. I'm excited to share my thoughts and I hope ya'll find it somewhat entertaining!

Key players in order of appearance:
Kelsey- college roommate, study abroad sidekick, and amazing friend. There really is only one word to describe her: fabulous!

Lucas- my wonderful, amazing, supportive, and loving husband! I could go on and on about this man maybe because I am totally weak in the knees for him. I started dating him almost 10 years ago and never looked back. I am so blessed to have found my soulmate and partner in life.

Daniella- my one and only sista that I commonly refer to as Dan. I really can't explain our relationship except that it is incredible, and that we use words like child, tootles, and tantric in almost every conversation we have with eachother. She lives in Austin and I wish she was closer. Love her.

Lilly- literally our child. She was a college graduation gift from my parents after I had nagged them about wanting the same dog all four years of college. She is a tri-color Cavalier King Charles Spaniel...somewhat overweight (thanks lucas) but still as cute as always. She has the absolute best, most diva personality, and I love her for it. She is the best companion and I cant wait to get more some day (Cavaliers come in four colors...I want one of each). I log on to cavalierrescueusa.org at least twice a week to check out all the little nuggets up for adoption...it melts my heart and wow I just realized I talked about my dog more than my husband. Must stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment