July 28, 2013

On Holiday: Glamping Edition

Glamping. A fusion of glamour and camping that has exploded and become on overnight sensation. Who knew that 2 years ago when Lucas and I Glamped on our honeymoon in Thailand that we were ahead of the trendsetting travel curve?! But let me tell you from experience that Glamping is totally the way to go for those of us who want to enjoy the outdoors, but would prefer to do it in style and without sacrificing everyday comforts...like an actual bathroom. I am a self-admitted travel snob, yet I am a total fan of Glamping and would recommend it to anyone looking for an out of the box travel experience!

When researching Glamping I came across a website called Glamping.com that is absolutely amaze. It lets you look up Glamping locations by destination, value, and category...if you're interested in further exploring Glamping, this website is the way to go. One of the places that popped up right away when I accessed the website was the Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle in Chiang Rai, Thailand, where we spent 3 nights of our Thai honeymoon at. Oh my goodness absolutely one of the most beautiful and amazing places I have ever been to, and if you ever have the opportunity to go you absolutely must!

 

 
 They only have 15 tents at the Four Seasons Golden Triangle Thailand making the max # of guests at a time 30, which allows for fab service and such an incredible experience! We were in Tent 12!
                                                              

 

But Thailand is admittedly a little far so I looked into Glamping locations within the US and who knew but Montana is the Glamping capital of the US with the most Glamping accommodations available!

My favorite Montana accommodation is this Yellowstone Under Canvas "hotel" just because of its location in relation to Yellowstone National Park. I have never been to Yellowstone but how cool would it be to see Yellowstone Glamping style?! It looks beautiful and it is really reasonably priced....next vacay destination with my husband? looks promising. The wonderful thing about Glamping for me is that Lucas loves the outdoors but I don't necessarily like to rough it as much as he does so this is the perfect compromise that makes us both happy and able to enjoy vacationing the way we want to!

My second favorite Glamping location in the US is the Fireside Resort in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. I've never personally been to Jackson Hole but my parents have and said it was absolutely beautiful and this place looks incredible so where do I sign up?

The Glamping gal must always be prepared, so I compiled a list of my favorite Glamping essentials that I would want in my bag on one of these little trips!

 
I love these Maslin & Co. Zebra Hide Beach Towels complete with crossbody strap for easy toting. Whether it be for the shower or the pool/hot tub at your Glamping location these towels are totally meant for Glamping.
 
 
This is what I call a canteen. I love these Oenophilia Sport Wine Canteens which come in your choice of Blanc or Rouge...or both. Perfect to quench your thirst after a long day of Glamping.

Adorb little picnic basket from C. Wonder for a romantic meal outdoors with your significant other while on your Glamping trip.
 
Who wouldn't want to listen to some jams while in the great outdoors with this Bluetooth streaming, waterproof speaker by ECOXGEAR ?!
 
Mr. T's Supergoop! is the way to go when it comes to sun protection while Glamping. It is not only sunscreen but Vitamin C for your skin and the best part is that it is spray on so you don't have to get your hands dirty because let's be honest the Glamping gal prefers to not get her hands dirty.
 
Dry shampoo is nice for everyday life but it is a MUST for keeping those tresses looking lovely while Glamping. Love the Drybar Dry Shampoo
 
Insect Repellent. Need I say more?
 
So important to keep our little pouts looking pretty while outdoors and the best part is that the Sugar lip balm by Fresh comes in a variety of colors for the Glamping gal who wants to still look chic without being wearing full makeup while Glamping because full makeup would be a little much...even for the Glamping gal.
 
Backpacks are a Glamping necessity...why not do it in style?
 
 
A safari fedora hat to protect our faces from the outdoors and those pesky wrinkles!
 
 
Hunter Wellies because you never know what you might encounter...rain? mud? your wellies have got you covered. it is better to be prepared when Glamping.
 
 
I actually own this jacket from J. Crew and love it because its so versatile. Lightweight for when it cools down  a little at night but sturdy enough to keep you warm plus its weather resistant just in case you experience a little rain while Glamping.
 
Folding Ray Bans? Yes please.
 
A Glamping trip wouldn't be complete without a camera to capture the amazing moments to remember your Holiday by. I love the Fujifilm Instax Mini because it is just so darn cute and small enough to tote around...plus wouldn't this little camera be the most darling thing to have at a party so you could give your guests instant polaroids as favors?!
 
Glamping. Go do it. I promise you won't regret it because it is such a unique experience! I can't wait to see what Glamping in the US has to offer and I hope to do it sooner rather than later. Good luck planning your Glamping travel adventure! Xoxo
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment