June 24, 2012

Hodge Podge

Literally hodge podge because this is just a compilation of all the rando things that ran through my head this week.

So it's been a year since our wedding and I still haven't had my wedding dress professionally sealed and packed. But I thought to myself, "I don't want to stuff my wedding dress in a box and put it in the back of my closet...it's too beautiful!" Then I remembered that Real Housewives of Beverly Hills episode where the world caught a glimpse of Adrienne Maloof's wedding dress framed in a giant shadow box and beautifully displayed in her closet. Sigh. Idea: I should frame my wedding dress!

First, I called my mom just to see if she thought it was totally crazy...she always brings me back down to earth...she thought it was a great idea! Second, I talked to Paige to see if she knew of anyone in Dallas who would frame a wedding gown. (Paigey is my go to girl for anything Dallas...you have a question and the girl has got an answer) Obvi she pointed me in the right direction and added that she thought I should definitely do it. With my mom and Paige rooting me on I made my way to the framing store. So I walk in and hesitantly ask if they frame wedding dresses and I thought to myself, "these people are going to think I'm so nutty." But the fab gay guy at the counter says, "hunny we do that all the time." score. How could I ever think no one in Dallas has ever had this crazy request...did I forget where I live? I love this town! Needless to say I picked everything out (including the most expensive frame in the store...seriously how does that always happen to me?! I don't look at the price, pick it out, and then when I go to the counter it never fails to be the most expensive thing in the store. Talent or curse? Idk) and I got an estimate.

It's now officially on my to do list. First, I have to have my mom ship the dress to me. Second, I have to have my dress cleaned again and sown...someone stepped on my dress circa 2am at the reception and ripped a huge piece on the bottom. Cringe. But it's ok they were drunk and I was really happy so no big! Then finally I can take it to get framed which will take a while once they have it but will be so worth the wait! Can't wait to display my wedding dress, walk by it, and remember the most special day of our lives! Love. Love. Love.

Another thing that I am totally dying to do but will have to go on my wish list for a while because the wedding dress in a frame trumps all is a portrait of Lilly. Again I was told about this by Paige. There is a really cute, young painter from Fort Worth named Natalie Erwin who does the most lovely dog portraits. She will come to your home to meet and photograph your dog in order to capture their personalities in their own environments. I die. The background of the portrait will even be of actual things in your home...their bed, favorite chair or couch, etc. Paige and Holly have the most adorable portraits of Colton and Crosby!

Lucas is finally back from training in San Antonio and I missed him so much...its so nice to have my hubby back home. Last night was his first night back and I slept so well! I had not been getting a good night's rest while he was gone just because I've gotten so used to having him sleep next to me. Baha I sound like a stage 5 clinger but its so true. And if that werent cheesy enough that was the longest we've spent apart since we got married. So glad he is home.

So I learned an interesting new word at work this week that apparently all the young cool kids are using: bougie. Bougie comes from the french word Bourgeoisie which described the French upper class and their ownership of nice things. I learned all this after one of the fellow interns at work said I was bougie. I was like what? And she said lets just say your not the Forever 21 type. I didn't know if I should take offense or take it as a compliment but whatev she is really nice and cool so honey badger don't care...plus I think she felt bad after I told her I was actually wearing a Forever 21 dress hahah. The girls at work even say it about themselves all the time. Like, "i love valeting. Thats so bougie of me." so random but im considering adopting it. Anyways those are my spastic thoughts for the week! Xoxo




3 comments:

  1. Hi There,

    I was searching what type of frame Adrienne had her dress in and stumbled upon your blog. What type of frame are you using? I just so happen to live in DFW so if you wouldn't mind sharing where you went for the frame as well, that would be great! Thanks a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested in knowing where you had your dress framed, too. I live in the Dallas area and came across your blog post while searching for dress framing in Dallas. I would love to do this, too! I would be so grateful if you'd share the name of this place. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ladies!
    Aaron Brothers Framing in Inwood Village in Dallas will do it for you...it's a little pricey but well worth it! Good luck!
    xoxo,
    Pris

    ReplyDelete