June 10, 2012

Crazy

Hello dolls! After a month and a half long hiatus I am back and finally have enough time to do my hoodrat activities like blog. Life has been crazy since my last post...in the words of Seal himself, "But we're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy. No we're never gonna to survive unless we are a little crazy." Words of wisdom right there. So much has happened in the past month and a half: I finished my first year of law school, went to Missouri to see Andre graduate from college, went to McAllen for a week, started my internship with Catholic Charities Immigration and Legal Services, and moved. phew. it makes me tired just thinking about it.

I am officially a 2L and so proud of myself! Not only did I survive my first year of law school but I rocked it. And I can honestly say I only had a few melt downs which occurred mostly when I had consumed some cocktails and let my pent up stress run wild which then led to tears, but that is pretty much normal in law school or at least that is what my fellow law school friends say as well. maybe we just all say that to eachother to make ourselves feel better. I apologize to those of you who witnessed my melt downs first hand, specifically on my birthday and Cinco de Mayo...on the bright side I had a really good time on those ocassions as well! Either way I am a happy girl, and I am definitely enjoying my summer vacay.

The day after finals it was off to Missouri to watch Andre graduate from Mizzou. Lucas and I definitely realized how different it is from Baylor...not in a good way. Anyways we are so proud of little Andre for graduating and starting his job! Highlight of the weekend: taking a picture in front of the Pi Phi House. It had a legit light up arrow and chain on top of the door that you could see from far away. i was def jelly we didnt have one in Waco.

                                          The Rodriguez gang

                                         Pi Beta.

A day after we got back from Missouri we went to McAllen for about a week to just chill and go to SPI. It was so nice to hang out with family & friends and have absolutely NOTHING to do after being on the go for the previous month with finals and then Missouri. We went to SPI for a day and posted up by the Wanna Wanna bar...it was such a scrumptious day and week.
                                     
The day after we got back from Mac town I began my summer associate position at the Immigration and Legal Services department of Catholic Charities. So far I have learned tons, the attorneys there are soooo nice, and it is really rewarding to help out people who are truly in need. #lovemesomecatholiccharities

After coming back from McAllen and starting work at ILS, our lives were pretty much consumed with moving until now. I absolutely hate moving...it truly is like torture. Packing and unpacking and organizing and cleaning. vom. So we moved last weekend and I enlisted the help of Big Martha. If you're moving you might want to consider hiring her. JK. But literally she is like an organizing and cleaning feign...Big Martha is the best little mover I know. One thing I realized when we moved into our cute little house is how much stuff we had in our one bedroom apartment. We were definitely living like hoarders for the past year...its like we exploded into our house and everything finally has a place. But since its bigger I obvi had to purchase some furniture. Biggest splurge: mirrored chest from Z Gallerie. love. One of the nicest perks about having a house and a dog so far? Not having to go down three flights of stairs to take Lilly out in the morning and at night. Lucas and I would take turns doing it because it was such a pain...now it rocks and Ms. Diva loves hanging out in the backyard...freedom! My new fave hang out spot: the guest room. Why? It is basically my college room which makes me think about how care free I was while at Baylor. I am literally in the guest room typing this out. Lucas has to go to San Antonio to get certified for his new job for a couple of days and I am pretty sure Lilly and I will be sleeping in my college bed while he is gone. best bed ever. Let me give you some background on the mattress we purchased when we got married. Lucas likes the mattress he is sleeping on to be firm, and I like to feel like I am sinking into my bed. problem. Mattress shopping was so stressful and we def bickered our way through the process. I am pretty sure the guy at the Mattress Giant on Henderson thought we were headed for divorce over the mattress situation. Too bad we are madly in love and luckily found a happy medium, but I still like my college bed better. I am going to miss Lucas terribly while he is in San Antonio but I am going to be as happy as a clam sleeping on my extremely squishy college bed as I am as dream about our adorbs little house.


                     My munchkin on her throne of pillows...happy she has an entire room to herself.

We are obsessed with the part of town we are living in now! There are so many things to do and delish restaurants to try. We recently went to Rise with Luke and Leah and LOVED it. def a repeat and everyone should go. It is the most charming little souffle bar with a wide variety of things on the menu and a pet friendly patio. i die. Next time I am totally getting the lobster souffle. Being sushi lovers, the next place on our list is obvi Shinsei and we also want to check out Neighborhood Services. foodie problems.
I love a good party and playing hostess. So now that we are in a house I want to throw a housewarming aka an excuse to plan an event. My latest obsessions during the housewarming party planning have been Pinterest and Etsy. I've only ordered something off of Etsy once before, and I have had Pinterest for a while but never really checked out the Wedding & Events section because I have always thought to myself "I am already married so I dont want/need to browse the wedding & events section." Most of the pins in that section are wedding related but there are a few regular party pins with really cute and creative ideas. I literally spent like 3 hours on Pinterest the other day. embarassing. I am not used to having this much extra time on my hands with school so its kind nice to hoodrat around online. Etsy is like a party supplies paradise. Cute, simple, and cheap. done and done.

I promise it wont be a month until my next post. xoxox.

No comments:

Post a Comment