September 22, 2012

Fall season is my Happy Season.

I'm a spring baby and I love summer but I think the fall is my fav season of them all (minus the fact that I don't really have a Thanksgiving thanks to law school and it gets REALLY stressful towards the end with finals). Dreary days, a hot cup of coffee (hurry up gingerbread latte im over the pumpkin spice latte), boots and scarves, decorations, and LOTS of events. I feel like the fall always flies by because it's so jam packed with stuff to do! Football games, Halloween,
Thanksgiving, Holiday parties, etc.

One of my absolute favorite parts about fall is decorating! First you get to bust out the Halloween decor, then the Thanksgiving decor, and finally the Christmas decor. All the fall decorating definitely gives me an excuse to put off doing my reading on the weekends when it's time to "switch" the decor.

I am so excited about fall that I had to ask Lucas if it was too early to put up Halloween decorations. He said yes...guess I have to wait one more week. But that doesn't mean I haven't gotten a head start on fall preparations! I ordered both Lilly and Bo's Halloween costumes, have already set up our Christmas card picture session with my sister-in-law's sister who is an amaze photog in the dfw area, and picked out Christmas cards!

Lucas and I already have Halloween costumes for this year because last year we feel asleep before going out and never used ours...sometimes I swear I feel like I'm actually an 80 year old woman. Promise the Rods wont be falling asleep this year! Plus Kelsey is coming into town and staying with us so we have to show our Houston gal a good time which obvi equals not sleeping and missing the party on Halloween.

I'm a little worried about taking our Christmas card pictures so late (I have to wait until after finals are over.ugh.) but my hubby won't allow anything Christmas related to take place before Thanksgiving because that's his favorite holiday and sometimes it even falls on his birthday so taking them in early November was out of the question. This year he turns 25 the day after Thanksgiving! But since I've already ordered mine and Lucas' outfits, have both the pups outfits picked out and ready to order, the cards picked out, and the photog has promised she can get me the best pics within 2 days of taking them I'm not stressing about it...that much...

I'm so excited about putting up our Christmas tree this year because I was so obsessed with the way it turned out last year plus that means I get to purchase a new Christopher Radko ornament for my collection! Now that we have Bo with us I also need to get him a stocking, stocking holder, and Mackenzie-Childs bone ornament like Lilly's so he doesn't feel left out. :) I hope I can find one more of the same stocking holders that we have for Bo because I just got them last year, they are so cute, and must match. I should have listened to the crazy sales lady at Pier 1 last year that told me I should get an extra stocking holder just in case we have another kid so they could all match.
A. Our existing child is a dog.
B. We did get another kid but it's also dog.
Nevertheless she was right...I should have gotten an extra one!

I've obvi also already made my Christmas list as well. Top 3 items:
1. Stella Mcartney Baby Bella Bag in Blush. Not shocking. This thing has been on every gift list I've ever made for like the past 3 years.

2. Maya Brenner State Necklace. I obvi want the Texas state necklace. These cuties have been rocked by Texas natives like J. Simpson (love her & yes I occasionally still watch Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica) and Eva Longoria. They come in silver and gold. And you can also select to have a small diamond placed within the state design in the place of the city where you are from. Adorb. I am lovin the gold one with a diamond placed where McAllen is. Too bad McAllen is basically Mexico...my diamond would prob be hanging outside the state and not in it

3. Wine colored Miu Miu heels. So fab.

Hope everyone is as excited about fall as I am! Xoxox



No comments:

Post a Comment