March 18, 2012

Gilt Groupe Obsession

Gilt Groupe. I have a love/hate relationship with this website of amazingness. I first found out about Gilt Groupe about a year ago when my sister was shadowing a really trendy, young vet in McAllen. One day she told Dan that she loved her Tory Burch flats and asked her if she had gotten them on Gilt Groupe. Dan said no, but of course asked what Gilt Groupe was. The vet invited Dan to join, and then Dan invited my mom and I to join...big mistake. The three of us are hooked (sorry Lucas) and we keep getting other people hooked as well (sorry Kels). I also found about how dogs squeeze their anal glands while Dan was working at the vet's office. gross.

When Dan first invited me to join, I was sceptical about how good of a deal these "flash sales" really were, but they are incredible. Some things are up to 70% off! Between the Wilcox women we have purchased quite the array of items including trips, bags, shoes, clothes, jewelery, food, house items...the list is endless! Our Thanksgiving turkey was even from Gilt Groupe...Gilt Taste to be exact. Our turkey was the loving "pet" of an Amish family who obvi lived in an Amish community. The turkey was also only fed organic foods, and it lived a happy life until the time of its unsuspecting execution. true story. so ridic. I thought it was a little over the top, but Big Pat and Big Martha are very into the organic thing, and they swear it was the best tasting turkey they had ever had. IDK how they are going to top that for next year's Thanksgiving, but I am confident Big Martha will find something.

Everytime I get a package at our apartment with the Gilt Groupe logo on it, Lucas gives me the "did you just buy something from Gilt Groupe again look" but when I tell him what a good deal it was he can't help but laugh at me and say fine...especially when I order something he has been wanting like the great deal I got on a French Press he wanted. We have a coffee obsession so naturally anything coffee related is a must. I have the Gilt Groupe app on my phone, and I get a text from them before every sale begins at 11am, 3pm, and 8pm. Warning: you have to jump on these sales fast because things fly in like 2 seconds flat. I always miss the 11am sale because I am in class so i'm upset when they have the really good stuff at 11am. The good thing is that if you are in love with something and it is already sold out you can add it to your Wait List. Don't give up hope on the Wait List...I've gotten emails up to 2 months after i've added something to my Wait List telling me my item is now available. I actually just got an email about a Kooba bag I had added to my Wait List back in January which I didn't end up buying, and my mom just got an email about some Missoni flats she had added that she did end up buying.

My mom and I currently both have some Ippolita rose gold bangles on our Wait Lists. I love love love these bangles and missed them because they were on the 11am sale. My mom knows i've been wanting some so as soon as she saw them she added them to her Wait List too. Total coincidence and we told eachother about it later...I hope one of us gets an email.
And now that they have been on Gilt Groupe for half the price there is no way I could make myself go out and buy them full price...that is the downside to Gilt Groupe. You either say to yourself A. I will wait to buy it until it is on Gilt Groupe B. I really hope that is on Gilt Groupe.


They have had pretty much everything on Gilt Groupe from Kate Spade to Pour la Victoire. The one thing I can't believe they haven't had is Stella McCartney handbags. I have been dying for the Stella McCartney Baby Bella Tote in Blush for like 2 years. If it is ever on Gilt Groupe beware ladies I am coming for it. If it is on the 11am sale I will literally skip class and have my phone/laptop/ipad ready to go for when the sale begins. I will recruit my mom and sis to do the same in hopes that one of us snags it. Until then it is wishful thinking until I graduate from law school. It is the #1 item on my "when I graduate from law school list." An anniversary trip to Napa is at #2 and the list gets a little fuzzy after that since its pretty long. The Cartier Love bracelet is def on the list, but Lucas and I have decided that it can be the push gift for our first child which is definitely a LONG ways away so i'll have to wait for that one for a while. No problem waiting.


It would match everything. I die.

Until then I'll be waiting for my Ippolita bangles and hopefully Baby Bella Tote. Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment